Sunday, January 11, 2009

The release of the Frisbee, the crowning of Queen Elizabeth I, William Hung's birth, the first Mickey Mouse comic and Michael Jordan's retirement...


all happened on the same date that I will most likely become a father... January 13th.

Tomorrow Alison and I are going to the hospital to start the process of having her induced on Tuesday morning (January 13th, 2009). That will be Emma Grace's birthday. I haven't fully come to grasp the fact that it is already here. Right now I am a little scared because I know tomorrow I will essentially be a spectator (with a highly vested interest) in the whole thing. Other than offering my support, doing my best to comfort and a sacrificing a finger or two for Alison to break, I don't have much to do it seems... other than be excited, scared, happy and about 40 other emotions, some that probably don't even have names.

I am going to be a father. It's a little scary that someone is going to be depending on me and looking to me for guidance, direction, support and of course love...(probably an allowance later on too ;)). I do feel very fortunate and blessed to be able to experience this with such a loving, beautiful, wonderful person and the best friend I have ever had... my wife, Alison. We have had our ups and downs during this pregnancy, but I know that there is no one better to go through this with. Alison... I love you. I also want to thank all of our friends and family for being there for us through out all of this, I am sure what we would have done with out you... and just a forewarning, I doubt that we are done needing your help yet. :)

No comments: