Monday, August 18, 2008

Registering for baby stuff is serious business...


Alison and I went to register at a few places this past weekend and I am still recovering from it. Target and Pottery barn Kids wasn't that bad but BabiesRUs was terrifying. There are so many things in there we didn't even know where to start. We got a little trigger happy on some stuff, but I think we got most everything we needed. Alison's sister, Lauren, and Alison's best friend Tina are throwing a baby shower for her in Florida in October. They seem really excited about getting all the little girly stuff together and I am sure Alison will have a blast.

My brother and sister-in-law were nice enough to let us use some of the stuff they had so we will have to take those off of the registry. It's nice being able to talk to people who have went though this already so they can let you know what worked, what didn't work etc. There are tons of things that I have no idea about. If you can think of anything that you would have loved to know when you had your first, please post a comment.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Georgette said...

Knowing that babies come WITHOUT an owners’ manual only adds to the fun of having a baby….who ever reads the directions anyway??!!

What would I have liked to know before I had my first baby??..... I wish I had known how quickly babies grow up!! I would have taken more time to enjoy you guys as babies and not been so anxious to see you all crawl, walk, talk, run, tie your shoes (even with Velcro!!), etc. etc. etc….. I really can’t believe that I am already a grandmother. Where have my babies gone??? Oh yeah, they’re having babies of their own and now I’m enjoying my grandbabies!!

If I only tell you one thing about children it would be that they grow up too fast… so take the time to smell the dirty diapers!!

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I agree! Children grow up so quickly. Even when you are tired or haven't had any sleep, don't take for granted those quiet, uninterrupted moments you will have with your daughter at 2am. Also, you can never take enough photos or recordings with the camcorder!!!

Tina Bass said...

I wish people would have told me that my baby would chew up my favorite shoes.
Oh, wait, you're asking for advice on HUMAN babies.

Well, I gots no advice. Maybe relish the time they need you and don't make a big fuss about it. I remember not letting my mom do stuff for me because "I'm a big girl" and getting mad. I feel bad that I ever felt embarrassed when she hugged me in front of friends or family.

Oh, Lauren and I are VERY excited! We planned the whole thing and we still have a little over a month till the shower!