Monday, August 25, 2008

Half way there....AHHHHHHHHHH


Well, this week we are at the half way point. I can go into the whole glass half full or half empty thing, but it still means there is a baby on the way and she is not slowing down at all. I put up crown molding and a chair rail in the baby's room this weekend. We used Disney colors for the paint. The colors we used are "Tinkerbell Green" on the top half of the room and "Pooh's Corner" on the ceiling. The bottom half of the wall and all of the molding will be white. Once it is all done, I will be sure to take some pictures. It looks pretty green in there right now, but once we get some pink curtains and girly decorations up, it will look more like a baby's room.

I put some shelves up in the closet for the obscene amount of baby things we will eventually be storing in there. We put an outfit on a little kids hanger and hung it up in the closet. It's funny to see tiny clothes hanging up, altough I am not sure why. It is probably because I am used to seeing my huge clothes.

We decided to go with the darker wood baby furniture. I think it will look really nice, and it will go well with the light colors on the wall. After we get the furniture in there, I am going to mount some bookshelves to the wall. I can't wait to read stories to my daughter. I guess I won't have to wait much longer, huh? We have our next appointment on Friday, and hopefully everything will continue to go smoothly. We have been very fortunate so far.

5 comments:

Tina Bass said...

I don't know why, but reading this made me tear up a little.

Anonymous said...

I think it means you're ready to have a lot of babies, Tina :)-

Tina Bass said...

Ack!

Jason and Alison said...

You know you want one, don't lie to yourself ;)

Debby Mayne said...

The baby's room will be beautiful! I love the colors y'all chose.