Monday, September 1, 2008

Ok, room is done...only took two tries.


Well, in my last post I said that we had painted the room Tinkerbell green and Pooh's Corner on the ceiling... well, things change. We decided that the colors were a little too bright, so we toned it down a bit and went with Christopher Robin's Swing on the walls and Skipping Stones on the ceiling (the room isn't Winnie the Pooh themed, just like the colors :) ). We used the Behr Disney colors again. They all seem to go well together and its pretty easy to pick out the colors that match. The colors we picked are a pair of pastel greens. I think it looks really nice for a baby girls room. The crown molding and chair rail is up and painted, blinds, new outlets, switches, dimmer, new door knobs/hinges... yea its been a busy weekend. The only thing left to do in the room (construction/renovating-wise) is putting up a light. We saw a really nice light at Pottery Barn, but we haven't picked it up yet. My crazy expectant father list is getting shorter... I guess I should start adding more things on to it. ;)

Something else happened this weekend, we decided on the name for our beautiful baby girl. It is ________. (Not going to tell you that easily ;) ). It is nice knowing the name of the baby for sure. It makes it even more real. The other night, after Alison had fallen asleep, I had a talk with my daughter... it was nice being able to say her name. I am looking forward to meeting her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is awesome! I am really happy you two are having a child -- you will make wonderful wonderful parents. Now...if you only you announced the name...:)

Tina Bass said...

you are making my little heart sing. I can't wait to see the room :)

krystle said...

I bet the room looks beautiful!! Can't wait to meet the baby girl!