Monday, September 15, 2008

Nothing spells baby like G-R-A-C-O


We are having a baby. As if the multiple positive pregnancy tests, the first ultra sound, setting up the room, getting the crib, and the first time feeling her kick were not proof enough we got one more slap in the face "You are having a baby" moment today. Alison's Aunt Ginger and Uncle Ron got us the stroller and infant seat for the shower. I opened the box up and put it all together and then I looked at it for a min. There is no turning back now, we are definitely having a baby and now we have a rolling billboard for it :).

Another thing I learned so far this week is that babies produce a lot of garbage... before they are even born. We have a box for the crib and all the packing materials, a box for the dresser, box for the light, box for the stroller... I don't think we had this much cardboard to recycle since we moved.

Everything is coming together now. It's almost kind of surreal. We have spent the last few months thinking of all these things that we had to do before the baby got here (at least I was) and now they are actually getting done. It's a nice "you can do this" kind of confidence boost. I know that confidence boost will go out the window as I am driving Alison to the hospital in the middle of the night with my pants on backwards... but at least it will keep me from staying up all night worrying about it (I hope).

4 comments:

Debby Mayne said...

What a beautiful stroller! Ginger and Ron were very generous! The baby will feel like a princess as she rides in style!

I love buying stuff for our granddaughter. Just wait until you see the little Buccaneer and USF outfits I found! They're SO cute!

When you put your pants on, Jason, just remember the tag goes in the back. *g* But really, what does it matter? That little girl will love her mommy and daddy no matter what!

Jason and Alison said...

I am sure she will love all of her outfits. I have a feeling we might have to change her 5 times a day so she can wear everything before she outgrows it :)

Tina Bass said...

You gotta see the chicken costume I am planning on getting your kid. She's gonna be stylin'.

Jason and Alison said...

Well I guess there are upsides to her having more clothes than she can wear... we can pick the ones she doesn't wear ;) jk.