Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Have baby, will travel... well at least attempt to...


Our baby was at her second wedding this past weekend. Our good friends Gary and Samantha got married down in Florida and Alison and I were both in the wedding party. It was really great to get down there and visit with everyone for a little while. It will be much harder at first for us to travel after we have our little baby. I have been thinking about traveling after we have the baby and I know it is going to be much harder. Not only will we probably stop every 45 minutes, but we will also be listening to every Disney song imaginable (probably the same one repeating if I am lucky :-\ ). I am thinking that we are going to have to get one of those trailer hitch shelves to pile stuff on when we travel... either that or one of the pods for the top of the Murano {shudder}. I know that our first test in traveling will be trying to get down to Florida shortly after the baby is born to meet everyone that isn't able to come up and visit... should be fun. {crosses fingers} :) As hard as it will be, I am looking forward to being able to travel with my daughter. I remember the countless road trips when I was growing up and I actually had a good time on them. It was always fun to go to new places and get my seating area all set up for the trip, I hope she has some good experiences with the family trips as well. Even though the traveling will be hard, there are two words that make all of the "Are we there yet?" comments, bathroom stops 5 mins after getting gas etc worth while... Disney World.

1 comment:

Georgette said...

Traveling with a child is always a challenge….but usually the joy in the faces of those waiting to see you is worth the journey. Enjoy traveling with your daughter. Remember, though, that it’s much easier to travel with one child!!! Once she has siblings, it’ll not only be Disney songs and “Are we there yet” that will ring in the air, but “She’s touching me!!” “He’s looking at me!!” “I called ‘shot-gun’ FIRST!!” “That’s MINE!!!!” etc. etc.….HA!!! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all our road trips. We did have some great adventures and I know I have wonderful memories of all that family time!!
Love, Mom