Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is it too early to pick our a Halloween Costume for our Baby... for next year?


I try to imagine how different everything will be once our baby gets here and as much as I prepare myself, I know it is going to blow me away. It's almost like I am boarding up the windows to a tent and there is a Category 5 Baby headed directly at me. Alison and I were talking about holidays the other day. This will be our last Thanksgiving and Christmas with out a child. We started going through the holidays and thinking how old our daughter will be at 4th of July and what we can dress her up for at Halloween and how old she will be at her first Christmas. Last year was the first Christmas in our own home which was really exciting... next Christmas we will have a little girl that is almost 1 year old. I think Halloween will be a lot of fun. The little kids costumes are always really cute. It's scary, I can remember when I used to get excited for Halloween to dress up and go out Trick or Treating and now I am talking about dressing up my own child. I feel like I am getting old, but at the same time I think having a baby will also make me feel young too. I think having the baby will change our holidays in a good way. It will be fun to get to play with my daughter and let her keep me young. I hope that our baby will grow up liking Duplo and Legos. Playing with that kind of stuff never gets old, it just becomes socially unacceptable to keep playing with them. That's probably one of the reasons people have kids, so they can play with toys again :).

4 comments:

Tina Bass said...

Um, is it scary to admit that I have been shopping for halloween costumes for your kid??

Jason and Alison said...

Thank you, Tina... you make me feel normal ;)

Tina Bass said...

lol.Anytime!

Debby Mayne said...

Your holidays will never be the same because you'll see them through the eyes of your daughter--my granddaughter.