Friday, September 12, 2008

a great ride...


One of my friends had a birthday the other day, I sent him an email saying Happy Birthday and asked how things were going etc. He knew about our baby on the way and in his reply he said something that was another eye opener / reality check for me...

...after hearing my little one sing Happy Birthday, I know I never had it so good. You are in for a great ride.

I have been thinking about how much I love my baby and all these things I will do for her and take care of her etc, but I haven't really thought about stuff like that. I mean, how great will it be to have a little toddler run up to me when I come home? My birthday is coming up in a few weeks and it will be the last one without my daughter. For my next birthday I will have a 9+ month old. That will be the best gift yet. I am looking forward to all of those little smiles and hugs from my daughter. Things are going to change... a lot and I am going to completely welcome it.

No comments: