Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back to school... back to school to prove to Ali that I'm no fool :)


We signed up for some classes at the hospital the other day. The ones we picked out were Labor and Birth Education, Newborn Basics and I am going to Boot Camp for Dads.

The Labor and Birth Education class is actually a few weeks long. You go once a week and they go over the whole birthing process and what to expect, what you can do etc.

The Newborn Basics class is more of a "lab". They have stations where you go around and you can practice changing, burping, holding, picking up, juggling, dressing and hopefully not dropping the baby (lets just hope they are fake babies). That class is just for a few hours, but it should be fun.

I am looking forward to the Daddy Boot Camp. You get to learn how to make Baby Burritos. Contrary to popular belief, Baby Burritos are not a delicious Mexican treat... it's a baby swaddled in a receiving blanket... I am sure you can make Baby Burritos too though, I may have to start my own class. Jason's Baby Burritos. It's catchy.

2 comments:

Tina Bass said...

Mmm...baby burritos.

I really would like to see you guys at the parenting "lab". I think it is going to be a hilarious experience for the both of you ;)

Debby Mayne said...

Jason and Alison, y'all are going to be the most prepared parents ever! I'm super proud of you!