Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baby shower... wait a minute, that means the baby is coming!


This weekend is our baby shower. Alison's sister and best friend, Tina, are planning it down in Florida and Alison will be flying down there on Friday. She is really excited to see what Lauren and Tina have in store for her. :) I will not be going down since it is a girls only shower... I will be up here knocking a few more things off of my daddy-to-do list. I know Alison is really excited to see her friends and family. I am sure that our little baby isn't going to know what's going on with a whole bunch of people rubbing her momma's belly, but as long as she gets some good food, she will be happy. ;)

I think I have moved past the whole "I can't believe we are having a baby" phase and hit the "Ok, we ARE having a baby, now what?" phase. I knew there was a good reason for it to take 40 weeks grow a baby... its like a 12 step program of emotions. Well its really only a few steps that just go back and forth between panic and excitement. It definitely takes a while to wrap your head around it. The positive pregnancy test, seeing the ultrasounds, hearing her heart beat, feeling her kicks and loving her with all your heart. It's so incredible that you need those 40 weeks to comprehend what is going on and how it is going to turn your world upside down.

3 comments:

Tina Bass said...

I am SO excited for the shower!! Lauren and I are getting together on Fri and Sat to get everything prepared :)

I really hope Ali enjoys it! I'm making sure we have lots of good food for her to eat!!

Jason and Alison said...

Like I need to tell you this, but take lots of pictures so I can see :)

Debby Mayne said...

I love reading your posts! It's cute watching you and Alison grow into parenthood.

Looking forward to seeing Alison and going to the shower.

Love you both!