Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Babies need instruction manuals


This weekend Alison and I went out to see a movie with Jeff, Jenn, Anna, Audrey and Sue (Jenn's mom). We all went to a second run theater that served lunch during the movie. The movie was "Horton hears a Who". It was actually really good and I enjoyed it quite a bit. After the movie Alison and I decided that since we were down in Raleigh and pretty close to a Babies R Us it would be fun to stop in and take a look around at some stuff. I did get one thing out of the trip...babies require a lot of stuff.

Just walking up and down the isles at the store you see all these things. I am sure you don't really need them and you could raise a perfectly happy, healthy, normal baby without a nursery monitor / night vision camera but I still want one. :)

It is kind of overwhelming to think about all the things we will need. Car seats, strollers, pack and play, swings, bouncy seats, high chair, diaper bags, toys, dressers, changing tables, cribs, clothes etc etc... When we registered for our wedding we had someone go around with us and told us what people normally register for... hopefully we will have that this time around too... if not, we are in trouble.

2 comments:

Jeff Ingraham said...

Your picture is misleading... if you should not hold the baby by it's head, why is it happier

Tina Bass said...

LMAO at that picture. I will try to remember to not hold your baby by like a jar of pickles. "Try" being the operative word here ;)

I can imagine baby shopping is hard, but also fun. i already know what I'm getting you guys:

http://static.flickr.com/93/248544885_c9d9ba0e89.jpg

Your baby will be riding in style AND class!!