Sunday, July 13, 2008

Well, it's for sure now... we must be having a baby.


Today I had one of those "oh wow, we really are having a baby" moments. I cleared out the office baby's room and painted it with some primer. Now it is officially a blank canvas, ready to be covered with pastel colors and little cute baby things.

The walls were a dark blue so I had to put two coats of primer to try to block it out. Right now it is just white, we will paint it after we find out the sex of the baby. Alison and I were talking about what colors we would like to paint, what kind of decorations to use, what color furniture to get etc. There are so many options to pick from, it will be a tough decision. We talked about the layout of the room and where we would put the crib, I think that we decided that it would go where my old desk used to sit. I have had this huge corner desk for a few years and it was starting to fall apart (after a bunch of moves), so it went to the dump today. Now there is plenty of room for the crib (that was the moment I had today). It felt good to start working on the baby's room.

Having a child is really exciting, every day it is becoming more and more "real". I can't wait to find out if we are going to be having a boy or a girl. It is really hard now to picture our baby since it goes back and forth from a little boy to a little girl. Either way, I know we will love our baby and that's what really matters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you guys will be parents! I kept seeing "babies" in that day's blog...are you planning to have lots and lots of babies at the same time :) ? Hahaha...I bet the nursery is going to look wonderful when it is done.

Christine

Jason and Alison said...

Lol, yea it was pretty late at night when I wrote this. I think I kept on saying Babies because until we know the sex of the baby it almost feels like we are having twins when you think about having both a boy and a girl.