Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Second ultrasound and our baby was doing jumping jacks.


We had our second ultrasound yesterday and it was pretty amazing again. The first time I was floored by seeing the little heart beating but this time it was like watching a gymnastics meet. The baby was rolling around moving his/her arms all over the place. It was crazy. I had read that the baby would be moving by this time, but I was not expecting that. The purpose of the ultrasound this time was to measure the skin on the back of the neck covering the spinal cord and also check for the nasal bone. Anything under 4mm is good and our baby was at 1.23. That along with a blood test determines if the baby will be susceptible to about 95% of known birth defects. The spinal cord and nasal bone accounts for about 85% and our doctor said it looked great. Our next ultrasound will be in 6 weeks and we will be able to determine the sex of the baby. Almost everyone seems to be sure it's a boy. The most important thing is that our baby will be healthy.

In two days we will be in our second trimester. This weekend is 4th of July and I think that we might start working on the baby's room a little bit. I have been ready to put up the wainscoting and paint since the pregnancy test read "Pregnant" but we decided it would be best to wait until we knew everything was ok with the baby. I attached one of the pictures from the ultrasound. I labeled some of the features so its easier to make out. (You can click on it to make it bigger)

5 comments:

Tina Bass said...

The baby pea is getting big!!! So exciting!

The Write Life said...

Aw, congratulations, both of you! I'm a writer friend of Alison's mom and am SO happy for you! I tried to vote -- girl! -- but it won't let me.

Paige Dooly

Georgette said...

Jason and Alison, Dad and I are so excited and can't wait to meet the Baby...boy or girl!! We know that you two will be wonderful parents! Enjoy this quiet time of waiting ... babies have a way of really making things a lot more lively and noisy....especially at night!!

Love, Grandma and Grandpa Ingraham

Debby Mayne said...

I'm thrilled about the new baby! And I agree with Georgette--y'all will be awesome parents.

Unknown said...

it,s really nice and awesum blog
for more info please visit us

las vegas ultrasound fcrflumn