Wednesday, July 30, 2008

You're gonna miss this...


We had another visit with Dr. Sidel yesterday. We were able to hear the heart beat for real this time. Previously we have only heard a fake heart sound based off of the speed of the hearts movement, but this time we got to hear the actual heart (and Alison laughing which was pretty funny ;) ). I know I have said this before and I am sure this will not be the last time, but it was pretty incredible.

We have another two weeks until we find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I am really excited about that visit. I have been wanting to know since day one. It must have been really hard to be pregnant 50 years ago when you weren't able to find out the gender of the baby until the doctor said "Congratulations, it's a _____". Hooray for modern medicine.

There is a song by Trace Adkins called "You're gonna miss this" that I can easily relate to right now. The song pretty much tells of people's situations where they can't wait for something to happen and then he goes on to say that they will miss this when it's gone. When I was thinking about it, that really is true. People end up always waiting for the next big thing (graduating school, getting a job, moving into a house, getting married, having kids etc) and don't sit back and enjoy what is going on right then. I know Alison and I are really excited about the baby coming, but it is also really nice to just take it all in now because we too will probably miss this time when it's gone. We are very fortunate to have each other, I love each and every moment that I am able to spend with Alison and our little growing family.

I guess for the time being, I am going to try to enjoy this time and the excitement leading up to finding out if we will have a bouncing baby boy or girl... (Hopefully we won't find out if they REALLY bounce though).

2 comments:

Debby Mayne said...

I agree with you and Trace about enjoying the journey. This is an exciting time for all of us, and it would be a shame to miss out on the first part of the process as we eagerly await the birth of your first child and our first grandchild.

Yeah, and let's not test the bouncing baby.

Tina Bass said...

Isn't is common knowledge that baby's do bounce?
Hmm, maybe I am wrong?

Ha, Kidding.
This is a a very exciting time. You guy's are going to make such great parents :)